About the ‘Promoting the Consumption of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Combined with Physical
Activity’ Grants application process:
2011 School Sport Foundation grants are available for schools to apply for. All NSW public schools will be invited to apply for grants of between $500 and $2,500 from the School Sport Foundation to support school based sport, healthy lifestyle and physical activity programs. Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 10th June 2011.
Preference will be given to programs that:
- promote physical activity, fitness and/or health across the school
- provide benefits that are supplementary to normal curriculum requirements
- support a clearly identified need
- provide ongoing benefits to the school and students
- demonstrate commitment of school resources and have the support of the school community
- are supported by an appropriate evaluation and reporting process
- would not normally be covered by global funding
- are within the $500 to $2,500 funding range and will be implemented and funds expended within the year.
Sydney Markets have been able to deliver a healthy lifestyle message for several years as a major sponsor of the School Sport Foundation.
A grant fund category titled ‘Promoting the Consumption of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables’ is dedicated to promoting the importance of eating fruit and vegetables within schools across NSW.
The Sydney Markets grant fund has been seen as a successful initiative in its ongoing benefits to students within the community.
For more information or to download an application form please click here.